Monday, August 2, 2010

Fighter

The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.
~Exodus 14:14

...perhaps God is fighting for Reggie.

"I can't even count how many times I prayed in that hospital bed."


While recovering, Reggie resided at Henry Ford Hospital downtown Detroit for an entire week.

7 days of pain.
7 days of agony.
7 days of questions.


7 days with God.

"I've seen that God was helping me out. He gave me another chance... (sighs) at life."

Cancer.

If there aren't any cures, how could anyone be so positive and strong-minded in the fight against the disease. It inevitably seems like the person's recovery and fate nestle inside the doctor's hands.

But it's not.

It's in God's hands. And He is pounding his fists for Reggie.

"Together, we will beat this. This disease does not control my life. God does. And I control my destiny."





No comments:

Post a Comment